1st Annual Sustainability Film Shorts Student Competition!
Prizes will be awarded to winners! ($500, $250, $100)
CALL FOR ENTRIES
- Entries must clearly address the theme of sustainability. The main themes for this festival will be – Food, Climate Change, Energy, and Community. Your film may be live action or animated, for children, students, or adults. It must be less than 10 minutes in length.
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
- Entrants must be a student (middle school, high school, college (undergraduate or graduate).
- Short films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Contestants must obtain all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in their entries. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that the SNC Sustainability Film Festival Committee will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
- The SNC Sustainability Film Festival Committee reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit confirming that their short film is original and s/he holds all rights. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period (30 days) or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Films must not exceed ten minutes in length.
- Judging will be based on criteria that will include, but not limited to: primarily concept, but also cinematography, acting, production quality, costuming, and writing.
- All entries must be submitted on DVD or in screenable online format (i.e. vimeo).
- All entries must be accompanied by a complete application form
- All entries must be submitted by 5pm on October 11, 2013 to Betts Markle – Library Director, Sierra Nevada College or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prizes are not negotiable or transferable. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Films will be screened on Saturday, November 9 and prizes will be awarded at that time.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to these rules above.
If you have questions about these rules, contact Betts Markle, 775-881-7511 or (email@example.com) – put Sustainability Shorts in the subject line, please)